After a child is born, the mother has to learn a lot of new things. They keep learning everyday about how a newborn baby reacts to different things in different ways and how a mother should tackle it. They need to learn how to feed the child and handle them. Being a mother is definitely not an easy task and one should get proper guidance on how to take care of a newborn baby.
When a woman is expecting to deliver a child they should be admitted to the best children’s hospitals in Hyderabad (if they live in that city) because after the baby is born, there are expert nurses and doctors who can help the new mother and train them properly on how to handle the baby before they get discharged.
There are some major things that a mother needs to learn when a baby is born and they are primarily about the breast feeding process:
- Breast feed is the best feed for any newborn baby and this should continue for the first year.
- The mother needs to breast feed the child immediately after they are born.
- Breast feeding work as a protective guide for the child as it keep the baby away from diarrhoea, pneumonia, asthma and many other complicated health issues.
- It is not advised to bottle feed the baby in the first year.
- The baby should survive only on breast milk for the first 6 months.
When the baby crosses the 6 month mark then the mother can think of giving them some supplementary foods to the baby. But this has to be given in small portions along with the breast milk. These things have to be either liquid or semi solid. One can feed their baby tomato or vegetable soup, lentil soup and porridge like things. Later, when the baby has grown more than one year old, one can shift to semi solid foods like mashed potatoes, mashed vegetables, lentil and rice along with small portions of full boiled eggs. After that, the child can start with a normal diet.
Apart from the baby’s food, there are some other things to learn as well. The mother should know that putting oil in the ears and nose of the baby is strictly prohibited. The baby also needs proper immunization at the right time. Hence vaccinations should be done timely.
The mothers need to their babies to the Hyderabad best children’s hospital for monthly check up and see if the baby is growing right in a healthy manner. Apart from that one needs immediate medical interventions if the child is facing certain issues like:
- Decreased frequency of urination
- Loose motion or vomiting
- Distension of abdomen
- High fever
- Yellow coloration
- Generalized swelling of the body
- Convulsion or fits
- Breathlessness or respiratory issues
- Attacks of cyanosis which means bluish discoloration of lips
In a lot of cases, a premature baby is born. For them kangaroo care is needed.